As a content specialist, I have had 12 years of experience in writing, editing and A/V production in the following:
1. News Articles: Times of India, DNA, ZEE, Firstpost, Hindu BusinessLine, Sakal Times, Democracy News Live
2. Content for corporate clients, including video production, e-books, audits etc as an Analyst for Tata Consultancy Services.
3. Media Marketing Materials: Corporate clients and advertisers for Times of India. Special focus on campaigns
4. Digital Marketing Content: Blogs and social media management for DNA & ZEE. Also SEO and SEM for clients.
5. Company Profiles: For The Economist
6. Fiction Writer & Editor: For individual clients
7. Author: Fiction, poetry
Recently completed Masters in Creative Writing from the University College, Dublin in August 2020. My creative works have been published by Poetry Ireland Review, bath magg, Crossways and Headstuff.
Born in Kolkata, West Bengal, India in 1989. I graduated from the city’s St. Xavier’s College in 2010 with Bachelors degree in English Literature. I had already started working s a stringer from second year in college, and immediately after joined India’s leading newspaper, the Times of India.
My first placement was in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and then in Mumbai when I quit the newspaper after almost 4 years to join Zee Media. At Zee, I worked for print, digital and TV for almost 3 years, across Mumbai and Noida.
I decided to take a sabbatical from journalism in 2017 to write a collection of fictional short stories ‘HALF-PAST LIVES’ which I self-published in 2018.
I continued to research and write articles for various esteemed publications during this period that included marketing materials. I honed my interest in content across various platforms, specially digital.