As a content specialist, I have had 12 years of experience in writing, editing and A/V production in the following:
1. News Articles: Times of India, DNA, ZEE, Firstpost, Hindu BusinessLine, Sakal Times
2. All types of content for corporate clients, including video production, e-books, audits etc as a Content Analyst for Tata Consultancy Services.
3. Media Marketing Materials: Corporate clients and advertisers for Times of India. Special focus on campaigns
4. Digital Marketing Content: Blogs and social media management for DNA & ZEE. Also SEO and SEM for clients.
5. Company Profiles: The Economist
6. Fiction Writer & Editor: For individual clients
7. Author: Fiction, poetry
Currently, pursuing Masters in Creative Writing from the University College, Dublin. My short story was published by Headstuff and poetry by Crossways Magazines , both Ireland-based publications, in 2020.
Born in Kolkata, West Bengal, India in 1989. I graduated from the city’s St. Xavier’s College in 2010 with Bachelors degree in English Literature. I had already started working s a stringer from second year in college, and immediately after joined India’s leading newspaper, the Times of India.
My first placement was in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and then in Mumbai when I quit the newspaper after almost 4 years to join Zee Media. At Zee, I worked for print, digital and TV for almost 3 years, across Mumbai and Noida.
I decided to take a sabbatical from journalism in 2017 to write a collection of fictional short stories ‘HALF-PAST LIVES’ which I self-published in 2018.
I continued to research and write articles for various esteemed publications during this period that included marketing materials. I honed my interest in content across various platforms, specially digital.